Ellen White teaches piano tuners go insane
Stephen Korsman
2006-05-28 23:03:44 UTC
Ellen White wrote the following:

In many cases I have advised out-of-door work for piano tuners, telling them
that unless they changed their business, they would have to deal with
insanity. We are made up of nerves and senses, as well as conscience and
affections. All parts of the living machinery are to be wisely cared for and
considerately treated. The Lord has respect for the body as well as the
soul.
- Letter 104, 1901.

If Adventists are going to post misrepresentations of my faith, I will post
quotes from your prophet.

God bless,
Stephen

Stephen Korsman
***@theotokos.co.za
www.theotokos.co.za/adventism

IC | XC
---------
NI | KA
Andrew
2006-05-29 04:28:52 UTC
You perceive that someone misunderstood you, or misrepresented you.
In response you attempt to misrepresent them. And yet you claim to be
governed by a much "higher" law then the Decalogue.
NI | KA
Stephen Korsman
2006-05-29 05:02:02 UTC
Post by Andrew
You perceive that someone misunderstood you, or misrepresented you.
Demonstrated.
Post by Andrew
In response you attempt to misrepresent them.
I just quoted Ellen White.
Post by Andrew
And yet you claim to be
governed by a much "higher" law then the Decalogue.
Just showing that what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

God bless,
Stephen
--
Stephen Korsman
website: http://www.theotokos.co.za/adventism/

IC | XC
---------
NI | KA

add an s before .co.za
I. B. Wonderin
2006-05-29 06:02:23 UTC
Post by Stephen Korsman
Post by Andrew
And yet you claim to be
governed by a much "higher" law then the Decalogue.
Just showing that what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Korsman 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should
NOT do to
you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Korsman 12:19 Dearly beloved Goose, avenge not yourselves, but rather
give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will
repay, saith the Gander Korsman
Stephen Korsman
2006-05-29 18:23:20 UTC
Post by I. B. Wonderin
Post by Stephen Korsman
Post by Andrew
And yet you claim to be
governed by a much "higher" law then the Decalogue.
Just showing that what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Korsman 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should
NOT do to
you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
Korsman 12:19 Dearly beloved Goose, avenge not yourselves, but rather
give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will
repay, saith the Gander Korsman
So, you don't like it when people quote Ellen White? Or is it that you
don't like it when people treat your faith the way you treat Catholicism?

Denying that the Catholic Church teaches X in the face of all the evidence
that Catholicism teaches X is just laughable. Quoting Ellen White to see
what Ellen White said is quite something else.

add an s before .co.za
Whazit Tooyah
2006-05-30 03:16:13 UTC
Post by Stephen Korsman
Post by I. B. Wonderin
Post by Stephen Korsman
Post by Andrew
[...]
I know a piano technician. He does seem a little crazy. He is also blind.
Hmmmm--I wonder if he masturbated while tuning--.
Nope, it requires two hands to tune a piano he must have done that after.
Now it all make sense to me; Thanks EGW.

WT
Stephen Korsman
2006-05-30 15:06:51 UTC
Post by Whazit Tooyah
Post by Stephen Korsman
Post by I. B. Wonderin
Post by Whazit Tooyah
Post by Stephen Korsman
Denying that the Catholic Church teaches X in the face of all the evidence
that Catholicism teaches X is just laughable. Quoting Ellen White to see
what Ellen White said is quite something else.
In many cases I have advised out-of-door work for piano tuners, telling them
that unless they changed their business, they would have to deal with
insanity. We are made up of nerves and senses, as well as conscience and
affections. All parts of the living machinery are to be wisely cared for and
considerately treated. The Lord has respect for the body as well as the
soul.
- Letter 104, 1901.
God bless,
Stephen
I know a piano technician. He does seem a little crazy. He is also blind.
Hmmmm--I wonder if he masturbated while tuning--.
The church where I grew up had an organist who was blind. I've heard of
piano tuners who are blind as well. Maybe it's the loss of one sensation
that makes them able to coordinate the other one so well.
Post by Whazit Tooyah
Nope, it requires two hands to tune a piano he must have done that after.
Now it all make sense to me; Thanks EGW.
He probably wore a wig as well - same effects.

God bless,
Stephen

add an s before .co.za
I. B. Wonderin
2006-05-29 05:50:04 UTC
Post by Stephen Korsman
If Adventists are going to post misrepresentations of my faith, I will post
quotes from your prophet.
Well that's very mature of you... . Can you quote from Steps to
Christ.next? I really like that one.

BTW, Is this how you teach us not to divert from the subject as you keep
claiming we're doing, or is this your demonstration of the new Law you
keep saying we can't understand?
Mat 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to
you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
Stephen Korsman
2006-05-29 18:02:36 UTC
Post by Stephen Korsman
quotes from your prophet.
Well that's very mature of you... . Can you quote from Steps to
Christ.next? I really like that one.
BTW, Is this how you teach us not to divert from the subject as you keep
claiming we're doing, or is this your demonstration of the new Law you
keep saying we can't understand?
Mat 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to
you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
I'm not diverting from the subject. I'm starting a new one. The writings
of Ellen White.

add an s before .co.za
JohnSDA
How many Popes ordered the deaths of Protestant reformers?
Stephen Korsman
2006-06-08 18:02:25 UTC
Post by JohnSDA
Post by Stephen Korsman
In many cases I have advised out-of-door work for piano tuners, telling them
that unless they changed their business, they would have to deal with
insanity. We are made up of nerves and senses, as well as conscience and
affections. All parts of the living machinery are to be wisely cared for and
considerately treated. The Lord has respect for the body as well as the
soul.
- Letter 104, 1901.
If Adventists are going to post misrepresentations of my faith, I will post
quotes from your prophet.
God bless,
Stephen
Stephen Korsman
www.theotokos.co.za/adventism
IC | XC
---------
NI | KA
How many Popes ordered the deaths of Protestant reformers?
That has nothing to do with the issue at hand. All churches contain
sinners, and all churches have been led by people who did bad things. The
reformers ordered as many deaths. Both sides had problems.

However, none of the popes and none of the reformers claimed that God
inspired their writings, and then went on to declare piano tuning a cause of
insanity.

God bless,
Stephen

add an s before .co.za
JohnSDA
2006-06-08 22:33:40 UTC
Post by Stephen Korsman
Post by JohnSDA
Post by Stephen Korsman
In many cases I have advised out-of-door work for piano tuners, telling them
that unless they changed their business, they would have to deal with
insanity. We are made up of nerves and senses, as well as conscience and
affections. All parts of the living machinery are to be wisely cared
for
and
considerately treated. The Lord has respect for the body as well as the
soul.
- Letter 104, 1901.
If Adventists are going to post misrepresentations of my faith, I will post
quotes from your prophet.
God bless,
Stephen
The Pope claims to be the "Holy Father" and God's representative on Earth.
The "Vicar Of Christ". The Cathlolic Church claims it has the authority from
God to change and make religous Law. They they are the final authority.
Post by Stephen Korsman
Post by JohnSDA
Stephen Korsman
add an s before .co.za
Stephen Korsman
2006-06-09 14:12:33 UTC
Post by JohnSDA
Post by Stephen Korsman
Post by JohnSDA
Post by Stephen Korsman
Post by JohnSDA
Post by Stephen Korsman
Post by JohnSDA
Post by Stephen Korsman
post
quotes from your prophet.
God bless,
Stephen
The Pope claims to be the "Holy Father" and God's representative on Earth.
The "Vicar Of Christ". The Cathlolic Church claims it has the authority from
God to change and make religous Law. They they are the final authority.
Mat 18:18 KJV Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth
shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be
loosed in heaven.

It doesn't change the fact that Ellen White said some pretty loony things.

God bless,
Stephen
--
Stephen Korsman
website: http://www.theotokos.co.za/adventism/
blog: http://www.theotokos.co.za/blog/

IC | XC
---------
NI | KA

add an s before .co.za
Post by JohnSDA
Post by Stephen Korsman
Post by JohnSDA
Stephen Korsman
Post by JohnSDA
Post by Stephen Korsman
reformers ordered as many deaths. Both sides had problems.
However, none of the popes and none of the reformers claimed that God
inspired their writings, and then went on to declare piano tuning a
cause
Post by JohnSDA
Post by Stephen Korsman
of