"More than that"
Stephen Korsman
2006-07-14 17:55:57 UTC
Without Mary--no Jesus--no salvation.
Can't you get that in your stupid Baptist head?
"And it happened, as He spoke these things, that a certain woman
from the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, "Blessed is the
womb that bore You, and the breasts which nursed You!" But He
said "More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God
and keep it!"
Luke 11:27,28
In other words, Jesus deflected any influence that smacked of the
veneration of Mary and pointed to what was important in the sight
of God.
In other words ( Yours) Honour your father and mother did not apply to
Jesus.
Andrew's dislike for anything that smacks of Catholicism means he has to
reinterpret any text in the Bible that can imply anything positive about
Mary. What Jesus replied was not a deflection, not a lowering of anything,
but an emphasis on us.

God bless,
Stephen
--
Stephen Korsman
website: http://www.theotokos.co.za/adventism/

IC | XC
---------
NI | KA

add an s before .co.za
N***@no.spam
2006-07-14 18:04:44 UTC
My, my- how mighty you imagine yourselves...........
Stephen Korsman
2006-07-16 17:24:58 UTC
Post by Stephen Korsman
What Jesus replied was not a deflection, not a lowering of anything,
but an emphasis on us.
My, my- how mighty you imagine yourselves...........
Hello,
We're talking about blessing, not might or status. Someone who lives
God's Word will be blessed, not because God will cast a spell on us,
but because His Word changes us for the better. A heart "touched" by
God's Word is a blessed heart. The Word is the blessing.
Agreed.

God bless,
Stephen