When did Adventism lose the truth?
Stephen Korsman
2006-07-15 09:23:57 UTC
A comment about something Samuele Bacchiocchi said in his Endtime Issues,
number 134 (http://www.biblicalperspectives.com/endtimeissues/et_134.htm):

"Incidentally, Jehovah's Witnesses are notorious for rejecting the Trinity,
promoting instead the divine creation of Christ. To support their teachings,
they have even published their own Bible, based on manuscripts more
agreeable to their teachings."

That sounds much like the Clear World Translation ... or is it the New Word?
Or maybe the New Clear Bible? For clarification, see "The Clear Word Bible:
Is It the Word of God?" by Dale Ratzlaff and Verle Streifling
(http://www.watchman.org/reltop/clearwordbible.htm), and Deliberate
Distortions in SDA's "Clear Word Bible" by Dr. V. Streifling
(http://www.ratzlaf.com/currupt.htm).

Bacchiocchi:

"It is noteworthy that Jehovah's Witnesses as well as the various churches
stemming from Church of God Seventh Day (Worldwide Church of God, United
Church of God, Church of God International, etc.), inherited the view of
Christ as the first creature of God from our own Seventh-day Adventist
Church. The reason is that they left our Adventist church prior to our
acceptance of the doctrine of the TRINITY.

"Concerned Adventists who reject the TRINITY because some of our pioneers
were anti-triniterian, fail to recognize that our pioneers gradually
understood Bible truths. It took them years to sort out what was biblical
and what was unbiblical in the teachings of their previous denominations."

Bacchiocchi says that the Adventist pioneers gradually understood Bible
truths. I won't harp on about his grammar, because his first language is
not English, and he has probably just picked up terms like "Bible truths"
from "Bible Christians" whose pastors [was not Christ the true pastor,
making all others imposters?] address them as "brethern" or "bretheren."

I will, however, point out how strange his argument is.

What on earth happened to the Adventist founding fathers to make them lose
sight of truths that had been understood and formalised 1500 years before
they got confused and denied them? The Trinity was accepted before the
Council of Nicaea in 324 AD, but due to debates and errors, it was only
formally defined at that time, drawing a clear line between error and truth.

This was not a case of Adventist pioneers gradually understanding the truth.
This was a case of Adventist pioneers slowly pulling themselves out of a pit
of false teaching that the rest of Christianity had left behind centuries
ago. What got them there? Adventism's roots lie in a religious phenomenon
that gave rise to groups like Mormonism, Christian Science, and, yes, the
Jehovah's Witnesses. They just did a better job of returning to biblical
Christian teaching on many issues, the Trinity being one.

But they did not gradually understand the truth until they had lost most of
it first. In a massive sweep, they lost huge chunks of the truth, going
their own way, away from the faith revealed and clarified over time by the
Holy Spirit. Some went so far as to even deny the Holy Spirit's part in the
Trinity. Adventism recovered a lot of the truth. But Adventism still has a
way to go on its journey from that huge loss.

We should see their founders' rejection of the Trinity as a huge step
backwards in terms of sound, biblical teaching. We should see their other
teachings, including the Sabbath, 1844, the Investigative Judgement, soul
sleep, etc., as part of that era of confusion where they lost so much truth.
The true remnant would not have lost so much, in order to gain so little.

See my post on post-modern Adventism
(http://www.theotokos.co.za/blog/post/index/95/Modern-vs-Postmodern-Adventis
m) - that is a sign that they are abandoning, albeit slowly, the traditions
that they developed a century and a half ago, and returning to orthodox,
historical Christianity.
--
Stephen Korsman
website: http://www.theotokos.co.za/adventism/

IC | XC
---------
NI | KA

add an s before .co.za
Susan Williams
2006-07-16 06:04:51 UTC
On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 11:23:57 +0200, "Stephen Korsman"
Post by Stephen Korsman
A comment about something Samuele Bacchiocchi said in his Endtime Issues,
"Incidentally, Jehovah's Witnesses are notorious for rejecting the Trinity,
promoting instead the divine creation of Christ. To support their teachings,
they have even published their own Bible, based on manuscripts more
agreeable to their teachings."
That sounds much like the Clear World Translation ... or is it the New Word?
Is It the Word of God?" by Dale Ratzlaff and Verle Streifling
(http://www.watchman.org/reltop/clearwordbible.htm), and Deliberate
Distortions in SDA's "Clear Word Bible" by Dr. V. Streifling
(http://www.ratzlaf.com/currupt.htm).
When did Rome believe all non-Catholics must be killed, and when did
they see the errors of their ways?

I believe we are talking about a great difference here.

Would you, dear readers, like to have a religion around you that can
plagiarize, (to humor servant of the Antichrist Korsman), or one that
will approach you with torture and death telling you how you have to
convert?

Because Rome did this in her Inquisitions for centuries, when did she
lose the truth and come to her senses?

If you believe she came to her senses, just watch this...

http://www.seventh-dayadventism.com/AC/AppealChapBeliefnet.htm