MARY -NOT- SINLESS
Stephen Korsman
2006-06-28 09:58:06 UTC
Every Sunday Mass contains 3 scriptural reading.
I'm impressed.
Every daily Mass has 2.
wow! How is a real religion to compete?
The real Christian faith has 3 readings on Sunday, every Sunday 24/7
throughout
the world, and 2 min during the week, every weekday 24/7 throughout the
world.

That's 2 minimum - lest the anti-Catholics interpret it as 2 minutes :-)

God bless,
Stephen
--
Stephen Korsman
website: http://www.theotokos.co.za/adventism/

IC | XC
---------
NI | KA

add an s before .co.za
duke
2006-06-28 22:44:17 UTC
Post by Stephen Korsman
Every Sunday Mass contains 3 scriptural reading.
I'm impressed.
Every daily Mass has 2.
wow! How is a real religion to compete?
The real Christian faith has 3 readings on Sunday, every Sunday 24/7
throughout
the world, and 2 min during the week, every weekday 24/7 throughout the
world.
That's 2 minimum - lest the anti-Catholics interpret it as 2 minutes :-)
Yep.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
teresita
The 2 minute drive-through Mass hasn't been approved yet.
Stephen Korsman
2006-07-02 11:50:33 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:03:36 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
copyright 2006 John Weatherly; all rights reserved; no portion of
this article may be used elsewhere without express written consent of
the author
Scipture please.
1 John 6
52 The Jews therefore began to argue with one another, saying, "How can
this man give us His flesh to eat?"
Have you ever heard of the concept of "metaphor?" Evidently, not.
Have you ever heard of the concept of "symbolism?" Evidently not.
If you had ever BOTHERED to study the meaning of the symbols used in
the Paschal meal in the Old Testament, you wouldn't be debating such
nonsense.
The eating of human flesh and the drinking of blood would not be
FORBIDDEN in both Old Testament AND New Testament (check the epistles,
where the council ordered the gentile Christians to abstain from
BLOOD)
For the sake of the Jews, not because it was an absolute command. Context
shows that eating food offered to idols was prohibited here for the same
reason, but permitted by Paul for those spiritually strong enough not to
have their faith harmed by it.
And then Jesus VIOLATE those laws by commanding the eating of His
flesh!
You tell us that he violated the Sabbath law, don't you?

God bless,
Stephen

add an s before .co.za
teresita
2006-07-02 15:35:41 UTC
Post by Stephen Korsman
For the sake of the Jews, not because it was an absolute command. Context
shows that eating food offered to idols was prohibited here for the same
reason, but permitted by Paul for those spiritually strong enough not to
have their faith harmed by it.
1 COR 8

[4] As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

[5] For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in
earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

[6] But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things,
and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we
by him.

[7] Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with
conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an
idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

[8] But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the
better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

[9] But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a
stumblingblock to them that are weak.
Stephen Korsman
2006-07-02 16:47:31 UTC
Post by teresita
[5] For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in
earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
[6] But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things,
and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we
by him.
[7] Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with
conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an
idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.
[8] But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the
better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.
[9] But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a
stumblingblock to them that are weak.
Precisely. We may eat whatever we want, as long as it doesn't become a
stumbling block to those with a lesser understanding of that liberty.

God bless,
Stephen
Stephen Korsman
***@theotokos.co.za
www.theotokos.co.za

IC | XC
---------
NI | KA
teresita
2006-07-02 17:11:49 UTC
Teresita
Post by teresita
[9] But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a
stumblingblock to them that are weak.
Precisely. We may eat whatever we want, as long as it doesn't become a
stumbling block to those with a lesser understanding of that liberty.
Besides, it's not like you can get food sacrificed at idols at McDonalds
or something.
Stephen Korsman
2006-07-04 18:53:24 UTC
Post by teresita
Teresita
Post by teresita
[9] But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a
stumblingblock to them that are weak.
Precisely. We may eat whatever we want, as long as it doesn't become a
stumbling block to those with a lesser understanding of that liberty.
Besides, it's not like you can get food sacrificed at idols at McDonalds
or something.
In those days, things like that were relevant.

Today, people make issues about food that has had prayers said over it to
make it kosher or halaal.

God bless,
Stephen

add an s before .co.za
Stephen Korsman
2006-07-02 11:56:18 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:33:50 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
copyright 2006 John Weatherly; all rights reserved; no portion of
this article may be used elsewhere without express written consent of
the author
x-no-archive: yes
On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:58:22 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
[...]
And if it WAS His flesh (it wasn't), how come He used bread? Why
didn't He rip off an arm or a hand and grow a new one?
john w
I addressed the question to CB
I understood that, but since I have devoted a great deal of time to
studying this particular "dilemma", and since this is an open forum, I
took it upon myself to answer. If you didn't appreciate my
'interjection", you certainly were under no obligation to respond.
who seems to believe in only literal
interpretations of the Bible.
Some things in scripture can be taken literally-- the bodily
Resurrection; some things can not be taken literally -- the
"Presence."
How exactly did you determine that?
I am surprised that such a deep scholar as you would need to ask such
a question. The answer I have been taught (and one the text usually
If the LITERAL sense makes sense (the Resurrection), we need seek no
"other sense" (such as allegorical)
IF the LITERAL sense makes NO sense (they ate His LITERAL flesh, as He
sat there, feeding them bread), then we MUST look for ALTERNATIVE
meanings. You simply REFUSE to seek alternative meanings because you
have been told to believe in pagan cannibalism, and WHATEVER ROME
TEACHES YOU, YOU ARE CONTENT TO BLINDLY FOLLOW.
As I have said REPEATEDLY, and you REFUSE TO DEAL WITH, if you STUDIED
the Old Testament context of the Paschal feast, the OBVIOUS SYMBOLISM
of the Last Supper would be OBVIOUS.
And those of the New Testament who took Jesus LITERALLY were those who
were so earth-bound they were incapable of getting past the OBVIOUS.
And He PLAYED to that. On the OTHER HAND, if you LOOK FOR the
symbolism in His words to the Jews, and to those apostles/disciples
who were trouble, it becomes VERY clear.
And when the debate arose as to whether the gentiles had to become
Jews BEFORE they could become Christians, Paul did NOT allude to the
Paschal Feast, "well, we eat our Lord's flesh, and we drink His
blood... so..."
This would have been the PERFECT time to mention "transubstantiation"
and "The Presence" if such had been the teaching of Jesus or the
apostles.
It was not.
Frankly if you read all the references to the occasion I quoted
from,
In fact, I have read the whole Bible NUMEROUS times. You might want
to read the Old Testament accounts of the Paschal feast to get a
better perspective on what the Paschal feast was actually all about.
AGAIN, both New Testament and Old Testament FORBID the eating of human
flesh (the pagans of the Old Testament were practicing cannibalism),
and the drinking of any and all blood. There is in fact a very
specific reference to the gentiles being COMMANDED to abstain from
blood in the epistles.
Makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever that blood and human flesh would
be forbidden, and then Jesus would COMMAND the consumption of both.
It would appear you are not the only one who believed this. His
1 John 6
52 The Jews therefore began to argue with one another, saying, "How can
this man give us His flesh to eat?"
53 Jesus therefore said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you
eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in
yourselves.
54 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I
will
raise him up on the last day.
55 "For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink.
56 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.
57 "As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so
he
who eats Me, he also shall live because of Me.
And you continue to not get the SYMBOLISM of this passage! You are a
gentile! Therefore you seek only paganism.
So are you.
You also have YET to answer the OBVIOUS issue. If Jesus intended us to
consume His flesh and His blood QUITE LITERALLY, why didn't He provide
us His LITERAL flesh and blood at the Last Supper?
NJB Luke 22:18-20
19. Then he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and
gave
it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in
remembrance
of me."
20. He did the same with the cup after supper, and said, "This cup is
the
new covenant in my blood poured out for you.
Note that you have used a 1970s version of a Roman Catholic tainted
"Bible."
Also please note that He didn't rip off an arm and roast it. Nor did
He use a sharp rock to open a vein and drain a pint or two of His
blood into the chalice.
It appears you are like the Jews who argued among themselves.
It also appears that you are a pagan, and that you prefer cannibalism
and vampirism over pure Christianity.
So you say we prefer cannibalism and vampirism over symbolic cannibalism and
symbolic vampirism? Don't you engage in the same thing we do, except you
call it symbolic?
It was
not clear to them and even after Christ tried to make it clear, they
could
not believe.
It was absolutely not clear to them. And if you look at Jesus'
prophesy about how He would be killed and rise again the 3rd day, it
took the apostles/disciples YEARS to put THAT one together.
He says, "destroy this temple, and in 3 days, I will rebuild it!" And
the Jews answered, "it took our fathers 40 YEARS to build this temple,
and you will rebuild it in 3 DAYS?"
And the comment by the apostle was, "but the temple He was talking
about was His BODY!"
Meaning even the apostles were confused! It took until the apostle
WROTE THAT PASSAGE or shortly before for them to unravel that
prophesy!
And I find NO MENTION WHATSOEVER, in ANY EPISTLE, of the teaching you
espouse!
Meaning YOU misinterpret what Jesus taught!
believe that it is clear that Christ intended the literal meaning
due to His response to those who could not believe the literal
meaning of His words.
You can believe whatever you like; it doesn't make you right.
I believe you have made that quite clear; however, you certainly have
NO scriptural justification for such belief.
I see NO passage anywhere in the Bible in which Jesus LITERALLY fed
the apostles His flesh.
Correct, YOU do not see any passage, but I do.
Kindly show me a passage that says that He very literally ripped an
arm or leg from His body and fed them His literal flesh, and I will
believe.
You are reading things into the text that QUITE SIMPLY ARE NOT THERE.
You are not alone. It
is difficult to believe as evident from the reactions of those there at
the
time and the very reason Christ corrected them, yet some could not accept
it
then and can not accept it today. (This of course is my opinion and
differs
from yours)
And I see that we are both wasting our time. You believe as you have
been mis-taught. If you can't show me IN THE TEXT (and you cannot), I
will not believe your POV.
It would be very interesting to hear your explanation of why they walked
away, and why Jesus didn't explain himself. Had he been speaking
symbolically, he would not have let them reject him based on the
misconception that he spoke literally.
That is my believe. Others may or may not agree, but to me you have
to try very hard not to agree or like those who left Christ be
unable to accept the truth.
I also don't find any discussions in the epistles on "those who do not
believe they are eating His LITERAL flesh are doomed to hell."
I would, in a broad sense, agree with that.
"In a broad sense?" The topic simply isn't mentioned after the Last
Supper! It isn't there!
Except in the writings of Paul.

God bless,
Stephen

add an s before .co.za
Stephen Korsman
2006-07-02 11:57:52 UTC
Scipture please.
1 John 6
52 The Jews therefore began to argue with one another, saying,
"How can this man give us His flesh to eat?"
53 Jesus therefore said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless
you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you
have no life in yourselves.
54 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life,
and I will raise him up on the last day.
55 "For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink.
56 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and
I in him.
If we eat His flesh in the context that He meant here, then it will be
evidenced
by the transformation of our old nature. We will become born again, and
His
life will become one with ours. His spirit will then be in us that we may
reflect,
in some degree, His image. But this can only be realized by those
who..."eat
His flesh and drink His blood" as they abide in Him and He in them (verse
56).

Why did the hearers walk away when they heard him say this? Why did he not
call them back and say that they misinterpreted him as speaking literally?

God bless,
Stephen

add an s before .co.za
Andrew
2006-07-02 13:11:27 UTC
Post by Stephen Korsman
[...]
2:23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day many
believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.

2:24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,

2:25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

John 2:23-25
Stephen Korsman
2006-07-02 16:45:05 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Stephen Korsman
[...]
Luke 11:14-17 KJV
(14) And he was casting out a devil, and it was dumb. And it came to pass,
when the devil was gone out, the dumb spake; and the people wondered.
(15) But some of them said, He casteth out devils through Beelzebub the
chief of the devils.
(16) And others, tempting him, sought of him a sign from heaven.
(17) But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided
against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house
falleth.

God bless,
Stephen
Stephen Korsman
***@theotokos.co.za
www.theotokos.co.za

IC | XC
---------
NI | KA
Stephen Korsman
2006-07-04 19:06:59 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Stephen Korsman
[...]
Yes ... he already had his chosen 12, whom he could trust, to whom he
revealed the whole Gospel. He had no reason to choose more. He never
deliberately left others believing a falsehood.

Your application to John 6 is not supported by the context of John 6.

Jesus stated something, and when they questioned it, he stated it even more
clearly, in even more literal, graphic, terms.

God bless,
Stephen

add an s before .co.za
Stephen Korsman
2006-07-17 22:03:36 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 11:14:34 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
copyright 2006 John Weatherly; all rights reserved; no portion of
this article may be used elsewhere without express written consent of
the author
x-no-archive: yes
On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 01:02:21 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
copyright 2006 John Weatherly; all rights reserved; no portion of
this article may be used elsewhere without express written consent of
the author
copyright 2006 John Weatherly; all rights reserved; no portion of
this article may be used elsewhere without express written consent
of the author
Some things in scripture can be taken literally-- the bodily
Resurrection; some things can not be taken literally -- the
"Presence."
How exactly did you determine that?
I am surprised that such a deep scholar as you would need to ask
such a question. The answer I have been taught (and one the text
If the LITERAL sense makes sense (the Resurrection), we need seek no
"other sense" (such as allegorical)
IF the LITERAL sense makes NO sense
So you are the judge of what makes sense and what does not?
I believe that the Bible is written on the level of "street language."
Most of my Bibles are written to be clearly understood by a 7th
grader, with no guidance from anyone.
Yes, I can decide for myself what makes "literal sense."
NJB 2 Peter 1:19-20
19. So we have confirmation of the words of the prophets; and you will be
right to pay attention to it as to a lamp for lighting a way through the
dark, until the dawn comes and the morning star rises in your minds.
20. At the same time, we must recognise that the interpretation of
scriptural prophecy is never a matter for the individual.
NJB Acts 8:28-31
28. He was now on his way home; and as he sat in his chariot he was
reading
the prophet Isaiah.
29. The Spirit said to Philip, "Go up and join that chariot."
30. When Philip ran up, he heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and
asked,
"Do you understand what you are reading?"
31. He replied, "How could I, unless I have someone to guide me?" So he
urged Philip to get in and sit by his side
..
I can EASILY believe that Jesus walked on water, that He calmed the
raging storm with a few words, that He raised the dead, that He healed
leprosy with a touch.
I can not believe that-- sitting with the apostles-- breaking bread,
He ACTUALLY gave them His Flesh and blood to consume.
It doesn't make sense.
No it did not make sense to many at that time, and they left. Adam
and
Eve did not believe God's command made sense either.
I would not expect everything that God does would make sense to us,
unless we could fully understand God. I don't think that, at least in
this
life, we can do that.
How sad that you quote scripture that YOU don't even understand!
I find it truly amazing and amusing that you quote the passage where
Phil was taken in the Spirit to preach to the eunuch.
I find it UTTERLY BAFFLING that you cut short the passage so as to not
mention the part where the eunuch ASKED TO BE BAPTIZED, there was
water, and he was IMMERSED AS A BELIEVER!!
It doesn't say immersed.

If you go into a body of water, knee deep, and then come out of it, you can
be said to have come out of the water, but you were only ever knee deep.

Look at the following text:

Act 8:38-39 KJV And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went
down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
(39) And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord
caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way
rejoicing.

Philip AND the eunuch went "into the water" ....... then Philip baptised him
....... then both came out of the water.

By his rule, they both were fully submerged, then performed the baptism,
and then came out of the water so that they were no longer fully submerged.

It doesn't make sense.

So, while immersion was likely, the actual text never says immersed anywhere
in the Bible.
I also do not worship Mary. I worship God ONLY.
So do we.

God bless,
Stephen

add an s before .co.za
N***@no.spam
2006-07-17 22:51:11 UTC
On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 00:03:36 +0200, "Stephen Korsman"
Post by Stephen Korsman
I also do not worship Mary. I worship God ONLY.
So do we.
God bless,
Stephen
sure, sure ....

Your name is Our Lady. You alone are Mother of God and
raised high over all the earth. O Spouse of God, we celebrate
you with faith, we honor you with longing, we venerate you
with awe; at every moment we exalt you
bam
2006-07-17 22:58:59 UTC
Post by Stephen Korsman
I also do not worship Mary. I worship God ONLY.
So do we.
God bless,
Stephen
sure, sure ....
Your name is Our Lady. You alone are Mother of God and
raised high over all the earth. O Spouse of God, we celebrate
you with faith, we honor you with longing, we venerate you
with awe; at every moment we exalt you
What's wrong with this? Everything the saint says indicates that it's Mary's
proiximity to God that meakes her worthy of honor. Obviously that implies
that God is greater.

What is your problem doc?

BAM